It was a courageous step when Jim Ellis moved his store to 52 East Washington in 1963, Ellis Jewelry had occupied a spot near the bus station with only 324 square feet of room. The new quarters, formerly the Style Shop, offered more than 1000 square feet. WILO Radio continued to operate on the second floor. Ellis Jewelry’s staff consisted of four full-time and one part-time employees. In the coming years, Ellis Jewelry would occupy the entire upstairs and the staff’s size would, at times, more than triple. It became an anchor store for the entire downtown.